Pest Management Professional
Terminix is an essential service provider under health department and government guidelines and remains open to provide healthier and safer environments for our customers and communities. We are actively seeking, selecting, and securing talent for our Champaign/ Urbana IL Terminix branch.
For more than 75years, Terminix has built a reputation as one of the nation’s leading providers of termite and pest control services, safeguarding over 3 million homes and businesses against all types of pests in 47 states and 14 countries.
What is this role about?
Our Pest Technicians serve in a key front-line role and are the very heart of what we do. It’s all about providing outstanding service delivery of Terminix products to valued customers within your assigned territory.
What does a “Day-in-the-Life” look like?
Equipped with a company vehicle and excellent industry training, Pest Techs are out in the neighborhoods Terminix serves visiting residential customers and performing their pest control treatments. Pest Technicians also offer customers on their route additional products and services that may be beneficial, which presents a great opportunity to earn commissions on top of a very attractive base salary.
Here are a few more specifics of what you would be doing each day:
- Applying pesticides to structures according to schedule, safety procedures, and label instructions.
- Responding on a timely basis to customers’ requests for telephone and in-person service calls + calling customers to confirm scheduled services.
- Identifying and acting upon opportunities to sell additional Terminix products or services
What do I need to be successful?
- Being a high school graduate/having a GED and a valid driver’s license are both requirements
- Prior industry experience is great, but not required. The following are much more important…·
- You are personable and enjoy interacting with customers
- You are self-motivated and have a strong work ethic
- You can effectively present information to customers one-on-one and in small groups
- You are detailed oriented and understand the importance of safety
- You have a good aptitude for basic math– necessary for doing calculations related to sales and service
- Of course, given our business, you should be comfortable working outside and in confined spaces like crawl spaces and attics
- For safety reasons (rebreathers have been able to seal to your face) our Pest Techs aren’t able to have facial hair
Why should I choose Terminix?
In addition to being part of an iconic brand with a rich 75-year history, here are some other highlights of what we offer members of the Terminix Team.
- Comprehensive training and licensure, all paid by the company
- Highly competitive compensation – earning potential of $30,000-50,000 in the first year.
- Company provided vehicle (that you can take home with you at night) and gas card
- Opportunities for advancement and career growth – including paths into management level roles
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Short/long-term Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid time off
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by employees assigned to this classification; they are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
Terminix Services Inc is proud to be EOE.