Do you have a mouse in the house? If so, watch out! Mice reproduce rapidly; one happy couple can make over 100 babies. A mouse here and there can quickly become an army of pesky rodents. Here are some signs of a mice infestation:
- Holes chewed through packaged food
- Noises behind walls or ceilings
- Holes in the wall
How Can I Get Rid Of Mice?
- Mice want a reliable source of food, so keep trash containers covered, put dry goods in plastic containers, don’t leave food on the counters and keep crumbs off the floor.
- Eliminate clutter where mice can hide, nest and breed.
- Seal all holes on the outside of your home with steel wool or caulk.
- Don’t let rubbish or compost accumulate in your yard.
- Set bated mouse traps.
- Invest in a trap that lures mice into a cage and then administers an electric shock.
- Grow mint in your yard and place mint-soaked cotton balls along with your indoor walls. Mice don’t like mint and might decide to leave.
- Purchase catch-traps and dispose of mice in a remote location.
- Invest in a mouse beeper. It emits a frequency that mice don’t like, but you and your pets won’t hear it.
- Seal holes in screens, install door sweeps on outside doors and screen chimney vents.
- Keep your indoor space dry and well-ventilated.
When Should I Call For Pest Control?
These tips are more about prevention than cure. If your Danville, IL, home already has a rodent infestation, it’s time to get professional help. Mice can cause electrical fires by gnawing on wires, and they often carry bacteria and viruses.